Saturday, May 30, 2009

20 weeks and counting.....(more than halfway there!)



I am officially 20 weeks pregnant and doing great, double chin and all.  My blood sugars were perfect for a long time and all of the sudden went high.  I panicked and called my diabetes doctor.  He wasn't worried at all.  He said plan on that happening every 2-3 weeks from here on out.  Great!  I will just up my insulin every time it happens as my body will become more and more insulin resistant.  He said as long as we control it when it happens the babies won't be 15lbs each.  I don't know, maybe i should go for a record for heaviest twins.  (no thank you)  I think i had to tell that story because up until this point it has been an ideal pregnancy.  2 or 3 days of feeling like poop, a little (or a lot) tired, but other than that...no complaints.  My doctors appointment was yesterday.  He said the babies looked great on ultrasound.  they are growing evenly which means my little boy isn't quite a bully to his sister yet.  He said their hearts are beating nicely and so far everything couldn't be better.  that was comforting.  He said my weight gain is perfect. (when i step on the scale, i'd beg to differ.  but then i remember bambino and bambina growing inside me and that makes it okay)  i am measuring what a singleton mom ( i love that word) would at 26 weeks.  that seems crazy to me.  anyway, things are going great here. Eric was able to take a trip to Cour D'Alene (said cord alaine) for a pharmacy thing.  it sounds like he had a great time.  Work for both of us is going great.  I love my job more and more everyday and Eric likes his but the drive to Hamilton (45 min) is a little draining on him, but so worth it. Sorry i've been slow on the update.  I'll include a picture of Erics institute graduation as promised.  Also, memorial day weekend we went up the canyon for a weeny roast and smores.  I'll put a few of those pics up too.  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Love,  because everything was wet, this fire took about an hour to start!
enjoying our reese's smores...ahhh yeah.
Eric the fire starter.  what a hard worker
  Sara, Eric and Mom.  I'm seeing a color trend here...

10 comments:

Amber Blair said...

ok, so you look way tiny for bein prego with twins. So not fair. I'm glad the pregnancy is going so great for you! We miss you guys!!

ShEiLa said...

My Mom's Mom had twin girls... both weighed 8 lbs plus each. She had over 16 pounds of baby.

Her skin got so thin on her tummy that she said it was almost transparent. It was obvious where feet and hands, bottoms and heads were.

I don't know how women do multiples when its more than two let alone 6????

Godd luck to you... YOU have a way cute prego tummy. Glad to hear all is oK with your diabetes.

ToOdLeS.

Steven, Kimberly and Gavin said...

You look so cute!! i I love it!! Any names yet? Kenneth and Kimberly right hahaha just kidding but not really.

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Sara - you look so great! I'm happy to hear things are progressing so well! :)

Steven, Kimberly and Gavin said...

Steve and I lover there names.. we couldn't quit laughing... Love you. He said you have quite the sence of humor. Yes you do

Steven, Kimberly and Gavin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coby & Jill said...

Yeah-- I measured bigger, too with Ben...but, we know how small he was!

My little brother weighed 14 lbs. 4 oz. and broke the South Carolina state record for biggest baby. I remember how HUGE my mom's feet and ankles were.... and having to rub them. It was like rubbing concrete. I know Eric will gladly rub your feet, just remind him to go twice as long since you're carrying double the babies!! :)

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I love your pregnant picture! How fun! I know, getting on the scale lately can be a little overwhelming but I'm assuming its all worth it in the end :)
Good luck!

The Harrison's~ said...

WOW!! you look so good!! im so excited for you..as i have said before..!!! YAH

SmustysGirl said...

You guys are so cute! It's so awesome that you're having twins!